Five ways to use Tour My App to improve customer engagement
There are many ways to use tours to improve customer engagement. Here are 5 simple patterns you can use
- Getting Started Tour: The moment a user signs in to your application, show a new user getting started tour. This kind of tour shows the one or two features or activities that the user must perform to get started.
- Page Tour: A page walkthrough shows the user through a single page. This kind of tour is typically shown the first time a user visits a page. This is useful for more complex pages, such as dashboards, settings pages and so on
- Task Tour: A task walkthrough shows the user how to accomplish a single task. Task tours typically run across multiple pages. These tours can be triggered from helpdesk articles, knowledge bases, or by support agents.
- New Feature Tour: A new feature tour is shown to users when a new feature is added or an existing feature has been revamped. The idea is to bring the user’s attention to the new user and help them use and understand the new feature.
- Notification Box: A notification walkthrough is a simple tour consisting of a single step that points to elements on the screen to bring the user’s attention to them. These could be to highlight a feature that the user might find useful at that particular point in time.